15 Dec Yule Love These Last Minute Holiday Decor Ideas
Can you believe Christmas is just around the corner? Neither can we. This time of year is always a whirlwind and if you’re anything like me, you haven’t even started your Christmas shopping. Equally important, is creating the holiday atmosphere. Since you’re (inevitably) spending a good majority of your time and money on gifts for others, why not take advantage of the fact that you can decorate your home quickly and affordably with these tips:
1. Spruce up your candles! Tie some ribbon you have lying around or some burlap for a more rustic look. Then add a pop of greenery- whether that’s a couple sprigs of rosemary you have at home or pluck off a branch of your Douglas Fir and secure with a piece of twine.
2. Take advantage of extra ornaments! Either at the craft or dollar store, pick up a basic glass vase (or two) and fill them with ornaments! I always finish it with a classic bow. I’ve also seen this done with lanterns on the front porch.. adorable.
3. Head to the Craft Store! Okay just discovered this one last week on Pinterest, and it might be one of my favorites. All it requires is wrapping paper and those Styrofoam cones you can find at your local craft store. Oh and some ModgePodge. But seriously, how cute are these??
4. Utilize inexpensive candy! When you make that trip to the dollar store, pick up an extra vase and a bag of festive candy canes.
5. Add some flowers! Plump up your tree with faux floral stems from the craft store to ensure your tree is looking full and fabulous.
(Photo of our Studio’s Tree. Totally H2Hified)