07 Jun Best Home Improvement Projects to Invest In!
Summer is typically the most popular time to sell your home. If you are someone who is thinking about putting their house on the market this article is for you! Check out some of the best home improvement projects that you should be investing in, in order to get the biggest bang for your buck!
1. Improve Curb Appeal: I know we say don’t judge a book by it’s cover, but let’s be honest when it comes to the front of the house we all do it. Small changes such as adding pavers, potted plants or even painting the front door can make a huge difference and really increase the value of your house or at least get more traffic to come see your home.
2. Attic or Basement Renovation: Taking an unused space such as an attic and creating an additional bedroom or bonus room will add value to your home. Remember with something like this make sure to not over do it. You don’t want to create anything that is going to price you out of your space.
3. Bathroom Upgrades: Small DIY projects you can do yourself can really go a long way. This room is utilized a lot so be sure to make sure it is well taken care of and doesn’t show the wear and tear that can happen in this space.
4. Kitchen Upgrades: This room sells your home. A remodel of your kitchen can go a long ways. Typically people recoup at least 85% of what they put into this space. If a full kitchen remodel isn’t in the cards, painting walls, changing out knobs and if you can afford it upgrade appliances. These small changes can help tremendously.
5. Hardwood Flooring: Homeowners are becoming very educated with home improvements and flooring is something homeowners notice. People do not want laminate or cheap looking flooring. Upgrading your flooring to either hard wood or engineered hard wood will not go unnoticed.
There are many home improvement projects you can do to get the biggest bang for your buck! Big or small projects can help you to increase the value of your home.