14 Jun 5 Smart Home Devices You Should Know About
I think by now everyone has heard the term smart home. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the term, a smart home is a home equipped with lighting, heating, and electronic devices that can be controlled remotely by phone or computer. As we live in the heart of technology in the Silicon Valley, smart homes are becoming more of the norm and not so much a trend these days. With that being said we thought we would look into some of the most popular smart home devices.
1. Streaming TV: This is one of the more popular home devices and can be found in most people’s homes. From an Apple TV to a Roku homeowners are able to stream their favorite shows and channels instantly with their Smart TV.
2. Thermostats: The smart thermostat is one of the latest gadgets to invade the smart home. Being able to control your home’s temperature from a wireless device is a huge convenience and some thermostats even take it so far as to learn when you are home and adjust the temperature according to your preferences. This article on 5 of the best smart thermostats is really helpful for those just starting to get their feet wet in this category.
3. Smart Locks: First things first, smart locks are more about convenience then added security. Think about if you have a bag full of groceries or our carrying a baby and the convenience of not having to pull out a key. You are also able to lock and unlock your door remotely which provides you access to allow people in and out of your home as needed and not have to give out keys. To learn more about smart locks check out this article.
4. Smart Doorbells: Not expecting someone to come to your door today? Well with smart doorbells and their built in cameras now you can see who is coming to your home. This smart phone device allows a little added sense of security for homeowners.
5. Smart Home Hub: All of these smart home devices are great to have, but with all of these are useless without a hub system to help you manage and control your devices. A hub is a one stop solution for all of your smart home devices. If you have many different devices a hub should be an essential item to have.