23 Feb Decorating Around Leather Furniture
Many people have their favorite leather chair or leather or couch. While leather furniture can be real cozy and comfortable once broken in, it can be difficult to decorate around such dark furniture. So what is the best way to decorate around leather furniture? Below are some of our favorite ideas to create a much warmer and inviting space.
1. Lighten Up! The best way to decorate around the dark leather furniture is to utilize bright and light colors. Go with a paler wall color in the room as well as soft accents pillows and throws. Another great contrast is white accent furniture.
2. Create a Focal Point: Leather furniture can become the main focal point if you let it. Take other pieces of furniture and make them the main focal point, whether it is a large book case or artwork on the wall. Make that the main focus and allow it to compliment your look.
3. Add some Patterns: The great thing about leather furniture is that it is an open canvas, so you can really add anything to give it some personality, including fun prints and patterns. A great way to add a feminine touch to this masculine furniture is mixing and matching some fun patterned throws or pillows.
4. Area Rug: Adding an area rug can really break up the leather furniture. Especially if your furniture is on a dark surface such as a hardwood floor. A light color can add some much needed brightness, but don’t shy away from a fun pattern either, it can also really liven up the space.
5. Break it Up: If you have an entire set of leather furniture, maybe it is just best to break it up. Move a chair into another space and separate the couches and put them into other rooms if space allows. This way it won’t seem to overbearing for the room it is in.
The most important decorating tip with any furniture is to embrace it. There is a reason you have this piece of furniture in your home and that is someone loved it. So take this item that brings so much comfort and embrace it!