18 Feb 6 Tile Trends for 2016
Tile has come a long way over the years, from beautiful mosaics to realistic looking wood. There is so much you can do with tile from back splash to flooring, it has become so versatile over time. Check out some of our favorite tile trends for 2016.
1. Wood Tiles: Wood floor can get very costly to install and maintain, however it is still as popular as ever, as the reclaimed wood look becomes increasingly popular so does the tile. Not only does the tile come in a rustic wood look, you can get tile to look pretty much like any of your favorite wood flooring. The tiles allows you to pick from many different dimensions and the clean up and maintenance is a breeze. Combine those factors along with how realistic it looks and it’s no wonder why faux wood is becoming a popular tile trend.
2. Mosaic Tiles: Mosaics have come along way from small and simple tile to larger and eye catching. Mosaics will always be a popular tile trend for back splash in kitchens, but it has now taken on a new life with creative shapes and designs to naturally draw your eye to the beautiful tile.
3. Subway Tile: This has been a popular trend for quite sometime and it doesn’t seem be to slowing down anytime soon. For 2016 think shiny, glassy, reflective and colorful.
4. Chevron Pattern: Chevron tile is making a come back. This common pattern is often used on floors and when used correctly and sparingly it can be viewed as a traditional tile that won’t be going out of style.
5. Brick Tile: Brick veneers are becoming increasingly popular in 2016. This new trend can be used anywhere from, floors to walls, to fireplaces and steps. Brick veneers are easy to clean and both slip and fire resistant.
6. Metallic Tile: If you want to create a luxurious looking room, metallic tiles are the way to go. Metallic tiles provide a great image with the light dancing off the tiles and creates a sophisticated and beautiful space.
There are many options when it comes to tile. You can create a space that is sophisticated and luxurious or creative and fun. Tile can be a very cost effective and it a great way to add some personality to any space.