05 Jan Creating a Cozy Room for the Winter
The New Year is officially here and that brings with it the colder weather. That means snuggling up on the couch and reading a good book or Netflix and chilling in one of your favorite rooms. So how do you create a cozy room for the winter? Check out the helpful tips below to create the perfect cozy room that you can enjoy all year long.
1. Blankets, blankets and more blankets: Keep throws and blankets around the room, from having them on the backs of couches to inside an ottoman, accessible for people to grab. Nothing says cozy like a nice warm blanket.
2. Create a Reading Area: There is just something about a good book and a blanket that says cozy. Creating an area where someone can just relax and read is a great way to create a space filled with warmth. Think of the space under the stairs or even just a reading chair in the corner of a room to enjoy.
3. Add Textiles: Additional rugs, quilts and throws can really warm up a room. Rugs can really make a room feel intimate, especially when you have dark hardwood floors in your space. Taking the time to add these details can definitely add some comfy touches.
4. Throw Pillows: The layering of throw pillows is another way to create an intimate feeling. Adding pillows to a bed, couch or chair is another added detail to create the perfect touch of warmth to a space. These personalized pillows from Nest are some of our favorites.
5. Mix Patterns: Adding different and unique textures throughout the space can create both a quirky and cozy feel. Think of wall paper or different patterned rugs, blankets or fabric around the space. This mix and matching can create a very comforting and cozy space to enjoy.
There is nothing like staying in and staying warm in a space that you have taken the time to create and make your own. These are just some of the many things you can do to create a perfect cozy space for the whole family to enjoy.