28 Dec Home Trends for the New Year!
Christmas is over and the New Year is right around the corner! If in 2016 you plan on remodeling your home we thought we would share with you some home trends for the New Year! Check out some of the fun trends that will be a huge hit for your home in 2016!
1. Bring the Outdoors In: If you want to add wall hanging plants to your home or large expansive windows that show off your backyard, there are many ways to showcase your outdoor space within your indoor space. Small plants as well as furniture that can be used indoor and outdoor will be very popular items.
2. Geometric Tiles: Decorative tile and back splash have been very popular for quite sometime. The trend will be moving towards geometric patterns that flow within the space. Expect to see all sorts of fun shapes on floor tile and back splash within the next year.
3. Warm Metals and Metallics: Brass and gold became popular in 2015 and don’t expect to see this trend fade away anytime soon. It should stay pretty popular for the next couple of years. Think of knobs and accessories in bronze and rose tones.
4. Sustainability: Re-purposed and recycled items are very popular as everyone likes to reinvent items and create them into something new. This will be a strong trend homeowners will follow especially as homeowners are starting to take green building into consideration.
5. Tropical Flair: Botanical is in, from birds to palm trees. This look is on fabric, wall paper and pillows as accent pieces. To get even more out of this look partner it with animal print for double the fun!
So what do you think? Is it metallic, tropical prints, or geometric patters that speak to you? What is the trend in 2016 that you want to add to your home We want to know!